The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

No Regrets

I forgot to say that Monday ended up being a Walker Day. Not only did my wife and I hear Austin Walker in the evening at the Library and meet his wonderful Welsh wife Mai for the first time in an age and not only did I spend much of Monday (and Tuesday as it turned out) with fellow pastor and blogger Jeremy Walker but at 10.30 pm we sat down with my two middle sons and watched Question of Sport (not something I often do) with Dan Walker as one of the contestants. The Walker Brothers have a sister or two so it wasn't a full house but certainly a day of Walkers.
PS as for the possibly cryptic title see here.

No comments: